Sunday, September 7, 2008

I do

We went to B & L's wedding this weekend in DFW. (And I know you're asking, "so when is yours?" and to that I have to say with a shrug, "I have NO idea!") It was a beautiful wedding. Jas was the best man (boy, does he look hot in a tux!), and naturally couldn't avoid causing some trouble...like pretending to lose the ring and offering a ring pop instead, or opting for silly string instead of throwing rose petals. I can just imagine what our wedding will be like when all his friends try to get back at him for all the pranks he's pulled over the years. But I can't possibly let them have all the fun! Hehe.

Being in DFW reminded us of why we love our new home so much. We had left the cool, clean air of the mountains to arrive in the sweltering jungle of pavement, people, and air quality alerts. I just have to ask myself, if it's so bad that you actually have to warn people not to breathe, why on earth do people live there? It would be one thing if it was just any ol' town, but people actually believe it is the greatest place in the world! Maybe it's something in the toxins floating around their heads that's disrupted the neurons in their brain that control any sense of rationality. I just don't get it.

3 comments:

J said...

DFW isn't that bad. People who are not from Texas just don't understand. The people are friendly and life can be pretty laid back if you are in the right place.

Becca said...

Dallas is BAD! BAD BAD BAD! You would like Austin much more.

SirSpammenot said...

1) Highest per capita income in the US.
DFW is a good place to make money, professional or not.
2) There are no mountains to give you vertigo.
3) Stand in the place where you live.
4) Now face North.
5) Think about Direction
6) Wonder why you haven't before.
7) Texans are majority polite and helpful neighbors.
8) Goal is retire from there to a less inhabited/polluted place.