Monday, November 10, 2008

Back on the rollercoaster

Why is buying a house such a painful process? We found another house yesterday (another foreclosure) for a GREAT price and move-in condition. Oddly, it's almost exactly the same floorplan as the previous house we put in an offer on. So after crunching the numbers, we decided to go for it. The offer is being written up as I type. It's so nerve-racking! I've gone from being extremely nervous to completely elated (in a matter of minutes I might add). The most difficult thing for us is the uncertainty in the economy right now. We just have to wonder if getting locked into a house is a good idea. On the other hand, rents are going up so it's actually "cheaper" to buy.

Anyways, the house is a two story with an unfinished basement (perfect for a climbing wall!). It has 2BR + loft (which could EASILY be converted into a third BR), and a big kitchen that's open to the living room. And it has AC!!!! There is also little to no work that needs to be done. So exciting!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck!! I'm so jealous of your house-buying. Will the climbing wall go from basement to second floor? Will you also be adding a small, private emergency room? :P

Anonymous said...

wow, nice, back in Fort Collins? We are looking at a house also/maybe. Not here in this hole though.