Sunday, January 10, 2010

Does Starbucks deliver at 1:00AM?

Boy, I sure wish they did. Well, it's 1:30 and while I back up my dissertation to several undisclosed locations, I imagine what it would be like to NEVER have to do this again. Could it possibly happen? Will there really be a day that I won't subconsciously be hating myself because I procrastinated another minute, or couldn't muster that extra hour of work for something that has taken FAR too long to finish? I wonder. I can only hope that locking myself in my house for days and working from dawn to...well...nearly dawn again day after day will mean something....and pay off in the end. It's that little twinkle of hope that keeps me going on days like today when I have to reset the wireless router every 30 minutes or so just maintain my network license to MatLab. (I'm convinced it's Microsoft conspiring to sabotage me.) Perhaps one day. And by the way, if anyone is looking for a new entrepreneurial endeavor, I have one for you: figure out a way to inject caffeine into one's veins through typing on a keyboard. YOU WOULD BE RICH!!!! On to backup #3!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I have often wondered why Starbucks doesn't deliver! At least the Chinese place does.

Lost Faie said...

i'll work on it...
glad to hear that it's nigh finished!
i'll fly out to party when it's done, promise!